This Girl Needs help- Dodge Van Wont start

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Dodge and Chrysler questions.
BluBByGirl

This Girl Needs help- Dodge Van Wont start

Unread post by BluBByGirl » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:46 pm

I am at a loss. It started about a week ago. Driving and the van just died. It is a 92 B250 with a 318 5.2L. Tried to start it and it would crank but i couldn't hear the fuel pump, replaced that 6 months ago. I checked the relays and could not find anything. Tried starting it and it fired up. Drove home.

It did this to me on and off all week and then it just wouldn't restart. I towed him home and hard wired the fuel pump and it works but still wouldn't start. So I went ahead and replaced all the relays and repaired a couple of wires. Still nothing. I replaced the ignition switch it was pretty corroded and it fired up. Went to drive to work made it there, about 40 minutes, and it died down the street from my house on the way back. I replaced the neutral safety switch because had oil in it. I had my transmission rebuilt about 8 months ago. I also replaced the switch plate assembly/cam shaft sensor. I am thinking it may be the crankshaft. I also now do not have any spark and still no power to fuel pump when key is turned. It cranks but doesn't start.

I don't know what else to do??? this is my only car and i need it to take my kids to school and for work. PLEASE HELP!!!

carriedi

Re: This Girl Needs help- Dodge Van Wont start

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:09 am

sorry but I don't have much help for you. Without seeing your van I don't know what was lost to cause the stall and no restart. Fuel, spark, timing, exhaust, could be many things. you're going to need to have someone look at when it won't start so they can see what you're missing.

Coil getting hot, cam or crank sensor, power to the ignition system, shorting injector, IAC - throttle body coking...

when does the engine die? is it when you have your foot on the gas and are driving down the road, or does it die when you let off the gas pedal and are coming to a stop? When it doesn't start have you tried to start it a couple of times and then held the gas pedal to the floor while you are cranking the engine with the key until it restarts? (could be flooded)

everything would just be a guess. sorry
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

BluBByGirl

Unread post by BluBByGirl » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:12 pm

Thanks but I go it! Who says a girl can't do it!!! It was the ground on the starter relay. Cranked right up!!!! :)

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Hey, congrats. it's great when it turns out to be something simple.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

northwoodgarage123

Unread post by northwoodgarage123 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:53 am

Well done BluBByGirl. Congrats an keep it up..