All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

When the clutch pedal is depressed the brake pedal depressed a bit causing slight braking when shifting. Help please?

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2050
that's might be a tough repair unless you are patient and focused. The shaft the goes through the brake and clutch pedal can get rusted up and bind the pedals together. If you are lucky you can spray some kind of lubricant up to the pedals and it will be okay. Most times you have to remove the shaft and manually clean and lube the parts up. It's not hard but there are a lot of things that you have to take off to get at the shaft bolt and get it out of the vehicle to take it all apart.

contributions: 2
Thank you. I thought this may be be problem. I recently found out the truck had been sitting for a while with a broken driver side window. It was tarped but moisture had been an issue. Thanks for your help.

contributions: 2
What would cause the engine to rev up when brake pedal is released? It is only for a couple of seconds then goes back to normal RPM. Vacuum issue?

contributions: 2050
I think I would look at what the vacuum is doing there. Try pinching off the vacuum booster's vacuum line and pump the brakes and see if it still does it. (while you are in park. don't go driving like that. It will make it hard to stop)

Ask A Question Reply