Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 5
do I need to replace crash sensors or switches when fixing a deployed air bag? where are they located on the vehicle and can I get them from local auto parts store? 2004 Ford Freestar Van.

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 1992
there is a big long list of replacement parts you have to replace after an airbag deployment. First thing is to have the vehicle scanned for all the codes in the restraint control module. Depending on the airbags that were deployed some frame pieces may need to be replaced or restored to OE condition before installing components.

because airbags are a safety item and diverse between manufacturers and models I do not believe they would be available for a local parts store. You can check for the dealer parts numbers and see if you can cross reference the OE part number into the auto parts store system.

there is a liability to fixing the restraints system yourself. If you are involved in an accident and something you installed resulted in an injury, by not acting in the manner the OE would or should have done, you could be found liable for the injuries sustained. So, be careful and make sure if you fix it yourself that you fixed everything correctly.

contributions: 5
thank you for the valuable advice and I will take the vehicle to my local dealership garage and have the final stage of repair done there. I'm sure it would be the most safest way to get it done. thanks again...best regards

Ask A Question Reply