Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 1
I have a 1992 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 5.0 extended cab and it acts like I'm not pressing the clutch fully when shifting into 1st to 2nd and grinds a little into 3rd, to 4th and 5th are fine. When I'm stopped or rolling with clutch pressed and in gear it feels like it is trying to go making it sluggish and pulling.. Even in reverse. ?

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 1991
it sounds like your clutch is not fully disengaging. do you know what type of clutch slave cylinder you have? an internal (inside the bell housing) or an external one? Does the way the pedal feel seem normal? I mean it starts to get pressure up near the top and continues all the way to the floor or does it feel spongy or have more free play up at the top?

also if the clutch is starting to come apart pieces may get stuck between the friction places and drag the disc to keep it spinning instead of making it free

Ask A Question Reply