Need a good answer that i haven't heard before

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Ford truck questions now.
RDGlover

Need a good answer that i haven't heard before

Unread post by RDGlover » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:59 pm

Here is my Email if u can answer me that way :idea: RDGlover55@comcast.net :arrow:
Slow cranking Bronco

carriedi

Re: Need a good answer that i haven't heard before

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:46 pm

dos your engine have a spout connector? It looks like the picture. If you have one you have to remove this to set your timing. It turns off the computer advance while the connector is out. With the connector out you set your timing to 10 degrees btdc. If you set you timing with this connector left in your timing will be too advanced. It should be taped to your wire harness close to your data link connector. left side of your engine compartment.

To check voltage drop while cranking the engine, you measure from one end of the battery cable to the other end while you are cranking the engine over and you are having the starter drag issue. So, you will be measuring just the cable. From the negative battery post to the starter case while cranking will give you the negative cable voltage drop. measure the positive battery post to the positive terminal on the starter (where the big battery cable hooks up to the starter from the battery +) while cranking to measure voltage drop on the positive cable. they should not drop more than 0.5 volts while cranking.
Attachments
spout connector.jpg
Ford Bronco timing spout connection.
spout connector.jpg (12.23 KiB) Viewed 2745 times
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

RDGlover

Re: Need a good answer that i haven't heard before

Unread post by RDGlover » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:33 pm

No spout no computer