Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 2
2004 Ford Taurus won't start. Car was running rough and overheating. Changed plugs & coil packs, then car was running good. Removed battery to replace thermostat. After done with thermostat, put battery back in. NOW car won't start, so I even replaced starter. Still no start! Also used a portable device to perform a diagnostic.

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2002
Tell me what happens when you turn the key to the start position. Does the engine crank over or not? Does the starter solenoid engage the starter or not. Do you get on big click and then nothing? Or do you get a bunch of clicking as long as you j=hold the key in the start position? Does the engine crank the engine over and everything sounds normal but it just doesn't start? Or, do it turn over faster than what it used to? Do the dash lights come on in the run position? Turn on the headlights, put the ignition in the run position, do the headlights dim? There are so many things to check need more information to help you.

contributions: 2
It tries to start when I turn the key. I smell gas when I'm trying to start it, so I'm assuming it's getting gas. The lights come on when you turn the key on, dash lights also. However, the theft dash light comes on when I try to start it, not sure if it's always done that.

contributions: 2002
try disconnection your battery again. leave it disconnected for about 5 minutes. Then reconnect. (Make sure the key is not in the ignition during this time) then see if it works

Ask A Question Reply