All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 1
1996 xr7 cougar drivers seat,trunk release do not work and head lights flicker. Are these all related to same problem?Also does the trunk have a relay switch in it I left it over winter in storage and when I went to get it out it would not start and there was a clicking noise in the trunk? Thank you

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 319
The clicking noise in the trunk was just due to a weak battery.

These problems may all be related to a ground problem. With it being 17 years old, the problem could be anywhere. With it in storage, a mouse might have chewed through some wires. You are going to need to pull on wiring harnesses, look for corrosion, damaged wires.

contributions: 2034
when do the headlights flicker? The trunk release does have a relay in the trunk. Right rear of trunk lid according to book. There is a seat & lock circuit breaker in the primary junction block

contributions: 22
Don't you think it might be grounding problem? If it does remove both cables from battery and clean the ends and the battery, and have it reinstall properly.

OMG !! is it yours new. i have experience. i had got used one but after eight months i faced so-many problem and i was contacting my friend and he told me about Deltaautocare. and i am very satisfying with the service. thanks a lot.

Ask A Question Reply