08 Canyon Speaker door problems

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
Dakela

08 Canyon Speaker door problems

Unread post by Dakela » Sat May 16, 2015 6:10 pm

Hello, I just got a 08 GMC Canyon SLE truck. However my grandfather owned before and did something stupid. Long story short he made a hole in the door to shut a nose the car was making. (The seatbelt bing sound) Anyway, I am looking for some help on fixing it. The speaker no longer works and I was wounder if anyone has any diagrams for the wiring and door of the driver side Or maybe tell me were to find it...etc. I took some pictures of the door so you can see what I am dealing with.

carriedi

Re: 08 Canyon Speaker door problems

Unread post by carriedi » Sat May 16, 2015 7:46 pm

the hole in the door shouldn't affect anything electrical unless he cut through some wires. If wires were cut you just have to match the color coded wires and splice them back together. Unless there is something more that you are not explaining clearly.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Dakela

Unread post by Dakela » Sat May 16, 2015 8:57 pm

the problem is is that when I looked into the hole I did not see any wires or anything that could be reached from the outside. So I'm not sure if he made pulled wires down or something that's why I was wondering if anybody had a diagram that I could see where the wires were because I really don't want to have to take the door apart

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sun May 17, 2015 1:12 am

wiring diagrams are to trace wiring by their color to see the circuit. I don't know of any source that shows where the wiring actually goes within the vehicle. Usually the speaker wire goes upward from the speaker. You're probably going to have to remove the door panel

Dakela

Unread post by Dakela » Sun May 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Do you think he could have removed something somewhere else?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sun May 17, 2015 11:42 pm

I don't know what noise he could have been looking for that he would cut a hole in the door panel. It's possible that the door speaker was bad causing a raspy of crackling noise and now the speaker if fully blown. It's not very hard to remove the door panel and check the wiring to the speaker.

wires in the door jam have been known to break from the door opening and closing causing the wires to flex and start to break. If you have another speaker of some kind and jumper it to the speaker wires you could tell if there is a bad speaker or if you have a bad radio or possible wiring issue.