01 cadilliac deville shifts hard odometer not working

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Cadillac questions now.
usedcar

01 cadilliac deville shifts hard odometer not working

Unread post by usedcar » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:03 am

odometer not working and shifting hard when starting off and getting codes 301,340,341.502,741,1258,1860 car has 152k its a used car i'm looking at and I don't think it ever had a tune up.

carriedi

Re: 01 cadilliac deville shifts hard odometer not working

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:32 am

just an observation, a vehicle with 152K miles and maybe never had a tune up and all those codes, would make me think that normal maintenance has probably not been done. If you haven't bought it yet, I would be very wary that more problems and some may be very major repairs, may be in your future.

Overheating, misfiring, trans problems... I am a mechanic by trade and I would not buy an unknown vehicle with all these codes. The chances of this being a good deal are against you. Overheating (even one time) could lead to head gasket problems. Cam sensor problems could be from oil sludge build up. TCC problems could be from sludge build up in the trans.

just my personal opinion but I could be wrong. why do you want to buy it?

p0301 misfire #1
p0340 cam sensor circuit
p0341 cam sensor performance
p0502 vehicle speed sensor low input
p0741 torque converter clutch stuck off
p1258 engine coolant overtemperature (temp went over 268F and PCM starts to turn off injectors to cool the engine down)
p1860 torque converter pulse width modulation solenoid valve
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

usedcar

Unread post by usedcar » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:24 pm

carriedi wrote:just an observation, a vehicle with 152K miles and maybe never had a tune up and all those codes, would make me think that normal maintenance has probably not been done. If you haven't bought it yet, I would be very wary that more problems and some may be very major repairs, may be in your future.

Overheating, misfiring, trans problems... I am a mechanic by trade and I would not buy an unknown vehicle with all these codes. The chances of this being a good deal are against you. Overheating (even one time) could lead to head gasket problems. Cam sensor problems could be from oil sludge build up. TCC problems could be from sludge build up in the trans.

just my personal opinion but I could be wrong. why do you want to buy it?

p0301 misfire #1
p0340 cam sensor circuit
p0341 cam sensor performance
p0502 vehicle speed sensor low input
p0741 torque converter clutch stuck off
p1258 engine coolant overtemperature (temp went over 268F and PCM starts to turn off injectors to cool the engine down)
p1860 torque converter pulse width modulation solenoid valve
Ii'm getting it for 300 bucks and if it doesn't work out I could part it out and make money.it's a win win for me

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:31 pm

$300 is a little less than scrap value so you can't loose. But if you're going to try and make this street worthy I think it might get expensive. Clear all the codes and see what comes back. Just take things one at a time. Be vary wary about the overheat.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

sarawillington

Unread post by sarawillington » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:10 am

I agree with Carriedi about that .... good reply