04 Oldsmobile Alero has No brakes!!!

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
Beginnermechanic

04 Oldsmobile Alero has No brakes!!!

Unread post by Beginnermechanic » Mon May 02, 2016 6:29 pm

Have an 04 alero that just replaced the brake, cut the rotors, replace the passenger piston due to it was stuck,and bled the brakes.a month later i was driving and now i couldnt stop. The pedal went all to the floor and there was no fluid in the resevoir.i see no leakage anywhere. I put more fluid but the pedal still goea to the floor...can someone help???

carriedi

Re: 04 Oldsmobile Alero has No brakes!!!

Unread post by carriedi » Tue May 03, 2016 6:37 pm

if the master cylinder's reservoir was empty, you can be pretty sure it leaked out somewhere. you just have to find out where. Once the master runs out of fluid, when you pump the brake pedal you are pumping air into the system. Filling the master after it's gone empty will still have air in the system. It will have to be bled out. That may be a problem because when you try to bleed the brake system you will also be pumping fluid out where ever the fluid leak is.

you need to find out where the brake fluid went. If you can't find it, you may need to have a shop or some professional find it for you. Once you figure out where the fluid went, you can see about servicing the system to bring it back up to snuff.

if you cannot find any brake fluid anywhere on the vehicle where it leaked out you might want to unbolt your master cylinder and see if the booster has fluid in it from the back of the master.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Beginnermechanic

Re: 04 Oldsmobile Alero has No brakes!!!

Unread post by Beginnermechanic » Thu May 05, 2016 7:25 am

Ok ty you for the input i just replace the mc and it was the brake hose that it was leaking from