All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 1
My car, 98 intrigue, has the automatic climate control and will not change modes. It blows hard on the drivers feet and lightly every where else. It blows cool but doesnt seem to get colder or less cold. The it transfers to heat just fine. Any ideas of the most likely culprit?

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2078
that auto ac system has electrical solenoids that send vacuum to the actuators. It could be HVAC fuse (10 amp) in the instrument panel fuse box. It could be you have a leak in the vacuum supply.

as for the getting cold, is the compressor turning on? Does the ac line that goes into the car get cold?

contributions: 2
I posted the question here because I wasn't allowed to start a new topic.

I recently bought a nice 1988 Olds Delta 88 with 66,000 miles on it. The A/C blows warm air and the compressor continually starts then stops. I tried to add freon with no success. I would like to verify which is the low port.

I used the port in picture #1. Since it wouldn't take I thought maybe it was the port in picture #2 which is closer to the compressor, but I don't have a fitting for it..

Thanks.
Attachment:
File comment: Freon low side port picture.
Freon low side port.jpg
Freon low side port.jpg [ 163.55 KiB | Viewed 1209 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Freon high side port fitting.
Freon high side port.jpg
Freon high side port.jpg [ 139.47 KiB | Viewed 1209 times ]

contributions: 2078
use the low side port to add refrigerant. If you are filling by adding from the small cans and hook up to the high side you could get hurt because the high side could produce more pressure than the can is able to withstand. Could rupture the can. You have to charge through the low side, which is the side that goes from the compressor to the inside of the car. (between the compressor and the evaporator) You hook up your can and adapter to the low side port and start the engine and turn on the ac. when the compressor turns on and pulls the low side down, that is when it will take the refrigerant from the can. Be careful not to over charge the system.

Ask A Question Reply