01 Olds Bravada random warning lights

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
Wingsfan

01 Olds Bravada random warning lights

Unread post by Wingsfan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:11 pm

I just purchased an 01 Bravada with 140k miles. Good shape, now I get service engine soon, ABS & brake light, service 4x4 and fuel gage will read empty with low fuel light. All random and sporadic. HEEEELP. Bought this for my daughter and I'm not comfortable with her driving it.

TerryAuto

Re: 01 Olds Bravada random warning lights

Unread post by TerryAuto » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:03 pm

OK. Well that is a lot to go over.
1. The service engine soon light could be any number of things. The computer is seeing a problem in the emissions controls or other engine systems. You need to get it scanned for trouble codes to even take a guess as to what may be wrong. Most of the large national parts store chains will do this for free.

2. The ABS and red brake are most likley related. First check the brake fluid level in the reservoir under the hood. If it is low, that can cause both lights. Or you have an ABS problem causing both lights. Again, another computer that would need to be scanned. Most common problem on your Oldsmobile Bravada truck is a bad front wheel speed sensor. One on each wheel. For the front, the sensor is part of the wheel bearing / hub...

3. The service 4 wheel drive light could be caused by the ABS problem. I would get the other problem repaired before getting into this one.

4. The fuel gauge problem is probably the fuel level sensor in the tank is bad. That is VERY common. See picture below.
Attachments
Bad-Fuel-Level-Sensor.jpg
Fuel level sensor worn out.
Bad-Fuel-Level-Sensor.jpg (48.25 KiB) Viewed 3767 times
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.