Chevy Pickup K-1500 No taillights

tabacsko515515

Chevy Pickup K-1500 No taillights

Unread post by tabacsko515515 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:01 pm

I have a 1992 Chevy pickup truck, K-1500 Scottsdale model, 1/2ton, 4wd., with a 350 V8 engine. I have no taillights. The parking lights, stoplights, turn signals, backup lights, & headlights all work. I checked all of the rear light sockets and they are alright. They all have ground. What could be the problem? Also, the fuses are all okay. The only thing I haven't checked is the parking light switch. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks.

carriedi

Re: Chevy Pickup K-1500 No taillights

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:04 pm

parking lights and marker lights in the front,dash lights, tail lights and license plate all get powered up from the first click on the light switch. the second click will turn on your headlights. If your tail lights don't work in the back but the parking lights do work in the front then you need to look at the wires coming out of the light switch. the brown wire is for the parking light circuit that is: tail lights, license plate lights, side marker lights, front parking lights. If the brown wires have battery voltage when they are turned on look for a break in the circuit between the light switch and the tail lights. If you have a trailer connector, I would check there first. If someone used quick connector splices, contamination can get into the connectors and rust up the wires and the splice connectors.
Attachments
tail light switch.jpg
tail light switch.jpg (98.96 KiB) Viewed 18694 times
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Unread post by Guest » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:09 pm

Check the switch that is on the brake peddle. Or the ground that is under truck back bumber. You cant miss it!Hope that works for you!

Dalejrwin8

Unread post by Dalejrwin8 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Brake switch under dash on column.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:10 am

tabacsko515515 said the stoplight work.

tail lights work on the same brown wire as the license light. you talked about all the lights that do work but you didn't say anything about the license plate lights. You should run trace the brown wire to see if there is a break or a disconnect somewhere along the way to where the wire goes through the fire wall to the tail lights. If the parking lights work on the front but not in the back then the switch should be okay but the connection to the rear is not getting through
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.