1993 chevy 1500 battery light on

snapped

94 chevy starts than dies

Unread post by snapped » Wed May 08, 2013 8:51 am

truck started to act up,it would start than die after a few seconds. if u kept pumping the throttle you could keep it running SO.
i replaced the fuel filter, same thing
when i was looking at the throttle body , the injector the spray was not very uniform in shape.
and not alot of pressure
could not here the pump start when turning on the key SO
i replaced the pump.
tried again this time i could here the pump start and stop when turning on the key
but same result
also i could not here or feel the pump turn back on after starting the motor
on the throttle body where is the fuel regulator.
and is that the only thing left to control fuel pressure
i do not have a gauge to test pressure
let me know
thanks

ProTech

Re: 94 chevy starts than dies

Unread post by ProTech » Thu May 09, 2013 5:36 pm

Well, you really to get a gauge to test fuel pressure to be sure whether that is an issue or not. The fuel spray from the injector not being uniform is no big deal and not a correct way to try and diagnose a problem. Check for any vacuum leaks or other issues that cause starting problems or would add/take away fuel and air from the mixture. Throttle body gaskets are known for cracking and sucking air. Injectors have been known to become faulty. You really need a proper fuel pressure reading and then go from there.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

snapped

Unread post by snapped » Tue May 14, 2013 1:43 am

throttle body gaskets are new 11 months ago
as are all the sensors on top of the motor
fuel pressure was checked ok by mech.
fuel line replaced.
not sure where to turn

ProTech

Unread post by ProTech » Tue May 14, 2013 8:19 am

Is the check engine light on at all? Can you give me the fuel pressure reading your mechanic checked as good? You've got quite a few variables here that aren't making sense. Also, even though you replaced the throttle body gasket 11 months ago doesn't mean it's good....it's a quick check to remove it and look, so you should do that just to eliminate that as a cause.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

chevyz712002

Unread post by chevyz712002 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:46 pm

i ahve a 2002 silverado and over the last couple months it hasnt stated up right away it just takes a couple cranks and a fwe pumps on the gas pedal and it rolls over and there is no issue after that. i was on my way to work this morning and it started up with no issues but after i took a turn the truck had no throttle response and now it will not stay on for more then a minute. any ideas??

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:37 pm

you should measure your fuel pressure. 5.7L fuel pressure is supposed to be 59 - 66psi
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

redneck63

1993 chevy 1500 battery light on

Unread post by redneck63 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Bought a t trailer wire harness put it on today. Where you just unplug the wires under the truck. Once I got done hooking it all up,tested everything.. when I went out there later and started it up my truck's battery light was on, the battery gage was almost in the red. I then turned on my blinker, once I did that my rpm and battery gage was pulsing to my blinker. I unhooked the wire harness and just plug everything back in like it was and it's still doing it. I had the battery checked about a month ago because my truck wouldn't start so I had it test. It was good and come to find out it was my alternator so I replaced that with a new one.. so anyone know what it could be

carriedi

Re: 1993 chevy 1500 battery light on

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:38 pm

battery light on and low charging voltage is a sign of an alternator not charging. Have the alternator checked. it should be under warranty
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.