Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 1
A friend took his 1996 Chevy 2500 to a dealership to have the front drivers side axle seal replaced In doing so the dealership managed to ruin axle and the adjusting nut for ring gear. He said that he used a slide hammer which i dont believe, then he cut the mounting plate off the axle, and then Mutilated the nut with a punch and hammer. Which cost him and extra 600 dollars. I think He ruined the nut with the torch. then he tried to explain that he put a puller on the axle which makes absolutely no scents what are you going to pull off of? he said that the plate was cracked I can guess how that happened, Any thoughts? Thanks

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2017
replacing the drivers side axle oil seal is a simple task with the right tools. once you have removed the half shaft you do use a slide hammer with an adapter to remove the output shaft. You do have to be careful not to damage the case on removal. remove the seal deflector and pry out the seal. You use the slide hammer to remove the bearing. I don't know what was actually done to your friends truck. It shouldn't be all that complicated.

Attachments:
k2 front.jpg
k2 front.jpg [ 142.28 KiB | Viewed 879 times ]

Ask A Question Reply