Possible Sierra bad computer

stumped58

Possible Sierra bad computer

Unread post by stumped58 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:41 am

i have a 1996 chevy Sierra with a set of 305 heads and intake manifold stacked on a 350 all vortec.I started having trouble,when the original 305 went bad with codes popping up ,that didn t make sense. is it possible that my computer has failed on me ,i cant make the godes stop. so do i need to replace my computer.

Karl

Re: Possible Sierra bad computer

Unread post by Karl » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:52 pm

Well, your going to have to tell us what the codes were before all the repairs and what codes have returned.

stumped58

Unread post by stumped58 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:05 am

Karl wrote:Well, your going to have to tell us what the codes were before all the repairs and what codes have returned.
hey karl thanks for replying the codes are as follows at started out as a crankshaft sensor failure, then airmass sensor,then 02 sensor, then camshaft sensor, then no codes at all ,we adjusted valves and the codes went away i drove truck home and the codes came back

Karl

Unread post by Karl » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:59 pm

It is possible that the computer iss bad, but you would need to rule out the sensors for those codes and the related wiring first.

Cam and crank codes could be because the distrubutor is off a little bit.

MAF could be a bad sensor or wiring.

Also check for a broken ground on top of the block, passenger side rear, behind the intake manifold right next to the head.
Read some SIMILAR questions down below for more help.
Check out our Photo Gallery