Chevy truck ABS brakes activate at slow speed driving

Michael5282

2005 chevy silverado brake lights

Unread post by Michael5282 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:45 pm

Both brake lights don't work and it doesn't appear to be a fuse or a bulb issue but I don't know what I'm doing, and I'm notsure if the fuses for the brake lights are in the cab or under the hood cause if they're under the hood all those fuses are cool unless its a relay switch then I have no idea. I would appreciate any guidance you have on the subject.

Hank

Re: 2005 chevy silverado brake lights

Unread post by Hank » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:49 pm

Most likely the brake switch itself is the problem. Especailly if the upper brake light does not work either.
The switch is attatched to the brake pedal under the dash.
You would need a schematic, and a testlight to check for power into the swtitch, and out of the switch when the brake pedal is applied.

nutfarm@embarqmail.com

Unread post by nutfarm@embarqmail.com » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:29 am

2005 chevy silverado upper brake light works, other two does not.

protech

Unread post by protech » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:06 pm

There is a fuse in the underhood fuse block (STOP LP) that should be checked. Also on the inside there is another fuse (VEH STOP) that you can check too. Are the turn signals and everything else working ok? Do you have any aftermarket trailer wiring? Sometimes those can wreak havoc on lighting systems. If the fuses are good, make sure the bulbs are ok and probably change them anyway. Even a bulb that looks ok, can still be bad. It has to be something common since both brake lights are out.

chevyboy

Chevy truck ABS brakes activate at slow speed driving

Unread post by chevyboy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:32 pm

2007 chevy ext. cab 4x4. ABS brakes apply sometimes when coming to a stop sign. condition are dry. They activate when almost stopped. pedal goes down a little and noise of ABS is heard. Truck does stop with out problems. Does not happen on hard braking. Have not had it happen when braking at a fast MPH. Just right before your completely stopped. No lights are on.

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: Chevy truck ABS brakes activate at slow speed driving

Unread post by butchkaz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Yes this is a common ABS problem on the Silverado and Tahoe as well as the GMC trucks.

Information here ABS Activation At Slow Speeds
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.