Chevy HHR key will not turn

Mr. Cotton

Chevy HHR key will not turn

Unread post by Mr. Cotton » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:54 pm

2008 HHR will remote start but the key will not turn in the ignition. Ideas?

Bruces1112

Re: Chevy HHR key will not turn

Unread post by Bruces1112 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:16 am

The problem is most likely in the actual key cylinder. They tend to bind up. Removing the cylinder / tumbler and cleaning the housing somtetimes works, but replacing the cylinder is the best repair.
Cleaning somtimes will only last for a few days or so till it sticks once again.
:geek:

baddmans

2010 HHR LS-REMOTE VEHICLE STARTER SYSTEM

Unread post by baddmans » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:31 pm

I have a Chevy HHR LS w/4-speed automatic transmission; includes remote vehicle starter system.The HHR did not come with the remote vehicle start fobs.Can i buy the remote start key fobs and have the dealership program the new remotes.The dealership said i can not have this done.HELP

JK

Re: 2010 HHR LS-REMOTE VEHICLE STARTER SYSTEM

Unread post by JK » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:22 pm

baddmans wrote:I have a Chevy HHR LS w/4-speed automatic transmission; includes remote vehicle starter system.The HHR did not come with the remote vehicle start fobs.Can i buy the remote start key fobs and have the dealership program the new remotes.The dealership said i can not have this done.HELP
If the vehicle has remote start, then yes, you can have the dealer program the system and remotes.
Expect to pay 1 hour labor.

TerryAuto

Re: 2010 HHR LS-REMOTE VEHICLE STARTER SYSTEM

Unread post by TerryAuto » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:58 pm

That's right.
If the HHR has the correct option on the option label, then you can get remotes and have the system programmed.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.