Security indicater flashing chevy cheyene

Chevrolet Silverado, Tahoe, Trailblazer to the Equinox, Blazer and Venture Van.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevy truck questions now.
rusty

Security indicater flashing chevy cheyene

Unread post by rusty » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi
I got chevy cheyene 4x4. some years ago replaced key n tumbler. Then bout a year ago the security light would start flashing and the truck would start,only to shut off right a way. I learned to turn key on and leave for 10 min or so then turn off, pull key, then start. if light was still flashing i wud have to start the process over. Bout 2 monthes ago had key n tumbler swaped out of wrecked truck into mine. This helped for a while but now it is a problem again. How can I kick this problem???????????
Thanks, Rusty

TerryAuto

Re: Security indicater flashing chevy cheyene

Unread post by TerryAuto » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:06 am

Your truck does not have a problem in the ignition key cylinder (tumbler), it is a problem in the passlock sensor. This is the aluminum housing that the ignition cylinder sits in. The sensor reads the key and controls the theft system. Either that, or a bad connection on the wiring harness from the ignition that goes down the steering column and connects to the dash harness. Could be a loose connection in that connector, or a wire rubbing on the column. Tilt the wheel up and down while cranking to move the wiring around to see if that causes or fixes the problem.

rusty

Re: Security indicater flashing chevy cheyene

Unread post by rusty » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Will check that out.