All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 2
I have a 02 Impala and I have changed the fuel pump, fuel pump filter, and the bcm. I have had the bcm programmed by the chevy dealer they also reprogrammed the theft system. But the car still at times will not start! I don't know if it helps to know that sometimes the turning signals don't work and the light for the gear placement is out on the dash. It always cranks like it wants to start but it doesn't. When I tow the car to the shop the funny thing is that it starts for them then when I get it home after it runs for about 20 mins and I turn it off it won't start again. Please Help!!!

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2078
you should check the power going through the ignition switch. you have a pink wire that comes from the ignition switch that powers up in "on" and "start". It goes to the stop fuse, turn fuse, abs/pcm fuse and the SRS fuse. When the vehicle doesn't start and the turn signals don't work, check all those fuses in the left side instrument panel fuse box. With the key in the on position see if they are all powered up.

it sounds like a bad ignition switch from what you describe. The turn signal not working is a big clue.

If there is no power to those fuses with the key in the on position, I would put power to one of those fuses on the battery side of the fuse and see if the car starts up then. I use a power probe 3 to check fuses and it can also supply power and ground to check circuits. Be careful not to overload or blow something.

contributions: 2
I have checked all fuses and changed the ignition switch it worked good for about a week then the same problem once again

contributions: 2078
you're going to need to do some testing. you need to check the power going through the ignition switch. If you have the same problem then the turn signals are not working again too? A shop can only check for your problem if it is doing it when they check it. If it works normally for them then everything will show up as normal because everything is normal. It starts up. They may need it for a while until they can get it to act up and then they can look for what's missing.

Ask A Question Reply