2005 engine check light flashing when accelerated

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
Demyann

2005 engine check light flashing when accelerated

Unread post by Demyann » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:25 pm

When i accelerate my impala the check engine light flashes. What is wrong with my car plz.

carriedi

Re: 2005 engine check light flashing when accelerated

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:35 pm

you probably have a misfire. When the check engine light flashes, the computer is telling you that you ate going to damage your catalytic converter if you continue to drive it. If you check engine light comes on, yea, you should have it looked at some time soon. When it flashes, you should have it looked at it before you damage the cat.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

uptkliff

Unread post by uptkliff » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:34 pm

I have a 1998 malibun3.1 check engine light flashing scanned misfire 6cyl so I changed everything plug,wire,injector,coil pak,and icm and its still flashing to only reading p0306 has anybody heard of this or dealt with this type of problem the engine runs smooth no rattle no knock until cel starts flashing then it runs real rough

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:54 am

since it isn't happening all the time you may have to drive it around until it is acting up to find what is happening. When everything is running fine everything will show up as fine. You have to check it while it is missing. There could be a wiring problem since it seems you changed all the components. Check the wire harness to see if it is rubbed through somewhere that could be affecting the coil or the injector for cylinder 6.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.