Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 2
Car was broken into and steering column destroyed I can't afford to take to a shop and need to know how to disable theft device so I can drive my car to get it fixed

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 1966
need more information...

does the key still work in the ignition? Was the column damaged around the key area? If the passlock parts have been damaged so the oasslock cannot see the key it will be very difficult to return the security back to normal operation. If the passlock parts are still there and working you may just have to do a reset for the key.

do you have insurance to cover the break-in? Insurance might cover having the vehicle towed to a shop and have it repaired. you would just have to pay the deductible.

contributions: 2
Column was completely destroyed and key can't be used where is the passlock located I'm unemployed have to do all repairs myself

contributions: 1966
the passlock is built around your ignition switch lock cylinder. The cylinder has three wires going to the lock cylinder to read the key. White wire (12V) Black wire (ground) and Yellow wire (signal wire). All three wires go from the lock cylinder to the body control module. So, the first thing would be to make sure the three wires are all connected correctly. they need to be able to recognize the key in the lock cylinder. If the lock cylinder has been damaged you may have to repair or replace it so the body control module will be able to see the key in the ignition.

Once you have a good key and lock cylinder and the wiring is all up to par, the passlock should work and let you start the car. Passlock just looks for the resistance it is programmed to see to let the car start.

So, do you have a lock cylinder in the car? I can help you if you want to fix your vehicle. If, what you are looking for is how to circumvent the security on your vehicle, I cannot help you with that.

Ask A Question Reply