All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 1
TEMP GUAGE READS WAY PAST THE HOT MARK ON GUAGE BUT ENGINE IS BARELY HOT. cHECKED ALL FUSES AND RELAYS- GOOD.. ALSO CHECKED RADIATOR CAP AND HOSES - GOOD . HELP. DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT FIXING CARS LEARNING AND TEACHING MYSELF AS I GO. WHATS MY NEXT STEP(S) FOR FIXING GUAGES NEXT .

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2056
I would check the resistance of your coolant temp sender. mounted on the head between cylinders 1 and 3. A single green wire plug-in connector. If the gauge reads 260 degrees F the resistance through the coolant sender should be 55 ohms. if it reads close to this number but the engine is not that hot replace the sender and see if that corrects the gauge reading. If it doesn't then you may have a bad gauge.

Ask A Question Reply