P1665 code

onefeather

check engine light on

Unread post by onefeather » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:52 am

hello, can you tell me if the faulty fuel gauge sensor is involved for code 306? I have a '02 chevy venture van, I repaired coil pack, wires, and brand new plugs, and a vacuum hose to gas tank, the engine seems to run without a miss at all, my code possibilities says all those or fuel pump or fuel injectors, I'm leaning to fuel gauge sensor as the fuel gauge does not work properly, am I right? looking forward to your input on this, thank you for your service, best regards, greg.

carriedi

Re: check engine light on

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:29 pm

if the code you are talking about is P0306 that says you have a misfire in cylinder #6, no I don't think that your fuel gauge sender will cause that code. I don't see how only one particular cylinder would misfire because you fuel sender is inaccurate. Now that being said, stranger things have happened. If the injector wiring and the fuel sender wiring were somehow shorted or rubbed through somewhere together it might be possible they both would act up at the same time...

depending on the scanner you are using, see if you have a misfire counter so you can actually look for the misfire. see when it is acting up. if your scanner has the misfire counter ability you should graph the misfires on all the cylinders while you sit at idle then go for a drive and see if you can see when and under what conditions you have a miss.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

txswordmaker

P1665 code

Unread post by txswordmaker » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:09 pm

I have a recurring code that I just can't seem to get rid of. I have replaced the EVAP solenoid twice and checked evry connection in the line and there are no leaks. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

carriedi

Re: P1665 code

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:37 pm

if you have access to a bi-directional scanner and do a vent solenoid test, see if the solenoid is opening and closing. Have you checked your fuses to see if you have a blown fuse that supplies power to the vent solenoid circuit?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.