Hard shifting 1st an 2nd gear code P0010

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
carriedi

Re: Hard shifting 1st an 2nd gear code P0010

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:47 pm

If you have a scanner to scan for codes, does it have data stream capability? bi-directional tests? you're going to need to look at the data from the sensor and see if it has any correlation to the value the computer commands. Or if the wiring to the camshaft actuator solenoid
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Lesfry86

Unread post by Lesfry86 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:47 pm

Just been going by what the local automotive store scanner is reading I am goin to check the wires that connect go magnet even thoe I just change it an didn't see any damage maybe on the bottem end of it not sure. After that I'm really out of ideas of what to check or try next?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:53 pm

if the scanner doesn't see the reading from the actuator solenoid look farther up in the wire harness. there could be damage up on top

you could try and unplug the actuator solenoid and check the wires with a dvom. Black wire should be your reference low (look for ground), brown wire is the cam actuator. put the black lead (-) from your dvom on the black wire and the red lead (+) from your dvom on the brown wire. (you could also put a 12v test light in between the two contacts on the harness and command the computer to raise the solenoid to 20%. you should see voltage on the dvom or see the test lighty turn on. If there is no voltage reading or no light on the test light check for continuity on those two wires at the ecm. Or, if you still have your old actuator plug it in and use the scanner to test the actuator solenoid. the pintle should move as you tell it to raise the pintle and back. also check the contact point in the cam actuator. (the part the solenoid pushes on in the car) can you move it?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Lesfry86

Unread post by Lesfry86 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:47 pm

Sorta lost by that information not that it's not good advice just don't understand it all making time today to check the wire from magnet and other harnesses for any bare wires do you think it's possible the new magnet bad befor I bought a new one I tried the magnet off my nephews 08 impala an as far as I could tell it fixed the problem no lite no hard shift now that I bought the new one it's just not working wondering if I should take part back to dealer an have them replace it? What do you think?

Lesfry86

Unread post by Lesfry86 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:45 pm

So I'm 99% it's the connector that plugs in to the magnet jacked her up an what do you know the wires to that plug are some what bare going to get some shrink wrap tubes an wrap them up good should solve my problem I must say thoe that chevy did a pretty shitty job routing that plug they ran the wire rite thru the serpentine belt positive that's what caused the damage to the wires rubbing against the belt would have never thought they would run it that way. An I did check this wire before purchasing the magnet you just can't see the damage from the top have to go from underneath wish I would have before I spent the 120 the magnet most likely didn't even need a new one will update as soon as I make this fix an let you know the results. I am also going to check all other plugs and wire harness underneath while I'm down there just to double check the rest of chevy geniuses wire routing makes no sense at all.

Lesfry86

Unread post by Lesfry86 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:07 pm

Problem solved!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot Carriedi appreciate the help will definitely be using this site for future problems hopefully I have none though. Lol