flaahing check engine light 2004 impala?

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
madgam

flaahing check engine light 2004 impala?

Unread post by madgam » Sun May 18, 2014 1:46 pm

I have a 2004 chevy impala that the check engine light flashes above 30 mph, also chugging real bad at a idle. I have changed fuel cap, fuel filter,o2 senor, ran a bottle of fuel injector cleaner also, I am at a loss please help? :cry:

carriedi

Re: flaahing check engine light 2004 impala?

Unread post by carriedi » Mon May 19, 2014 4:11 am

when the check engine light is flashing it is trying to tell you that you might be damaging your catalytic converter. The check engine light comes on when you set a code that affects your emissions. it flashes when you could be damaging your vehicle with continued driving. Have your car scanned and see what codes are stored. Look at the freeze frames to see what was happening when the codes were set.

the check engine light is not a maintenance light. there are hundreds and hundreds of codes that you vehicle can have. It's like the oil pressure light. Battery light. When it comes on, it means you should find out what's happening. It could be something simple or it may be something complicated but if you don't scan it to see what it is, you may cause more damage that will cost you more money to fix.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

belcollege

2003 Chevy Impala accelerating slow

Unread post by belcollege » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:18 pm

I have gotten a oil change and all my fluid checked and filled, a tune up and a new battery. When I accelerate, it goes real slow then it speeds up a little and then it goes slow again. It is not my tranmission. I suspected it is my egr valve. Any ideas. Please help

carriedi

Re: 2003 Chevy Impala accelerating slow

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:20 am

you should have a scanner hooked up and drive it so you can see what the computer sees. Check the exhaust backpressure for a restricted exhaust... Fuel filter? (would show up in the fuel trims)

do a lot of checking before you start replacing parts
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.