Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 2
I have a 2007 Chevy Impala, there is a loud noise coming from the passenger tire when turning left, I took car to dealer they said it was front end struts, then i took care to firestone they could not find anything wrong, but my brake light came on and the brake system indicator light came on, both stayed on for two days, but now they are off. Please help, can you tell me what is possibly wrong with my car.

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 319
Is the noise you are hearing constant that increases with vehicle speed or only happens when turning the wheel?
Does it change or go away when turning right?

contributions: 2
the noise gets louder when speeding and turning left or right

contributions: 319
If it is a constant grind or rubbing noise when driving, then you either have a bad tire or more likely a bad front hub bearing. That would also explain the ABS light. Driving at, say, 30 MPH and turning the wheel the noise will usually change.

The front hub bearing is also a wheel speed sensor for the antilock brakes. When a hub bearing goes bad, it will make a grinding noise that increases as vehicle speed increases and can also set a code in the ABS computer.
More Grinding Hub Bearing Noise information.

Be sure to check the Similar questions down this page for more help.

contributions: 1
I also have the same problem with my front right hub. and the tire pressure sensor for the front right tire. because the tire sensor is bad it causes the wheel bearing to go bad. or at least that's what I've heard. all of the auto parts stores around where I live keep front right wheel hub bearings on stock at all times because it is such a common problem with that car. you're better off doing it yourself for 100 bucks or less because the garages want $500-$700. I got a used 1 from the junkyard for $35.00. the entire knuckle and wheel bearing hub put together so alls I had to do is swap it out. honestly this car should be recalled for a number of different problems. They recalled the police issued models but not the private citizens. also if you buy the replacement sensor for the front right tire it goes bad too

Ask A Question Reply