Cost to Replace CV Joints

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
Jan

Cost to Replace CV Joints

Unread post by Jan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:05 pm

2004 Chevy Malibu Classic. Replaced rotors and brakes.

Question = I believe that the CV joints need to be replaced on my daughter's car. How much can we expect to pay for this service.

MW

Re: Cost to Replace CV Joints

Unread post by MW » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:07 pm

[quote="Jan"]2004 Chevy Malibu Classic. Replaced rotors and brakes.

Question = I believe that the CV joints need to be replaced on my daughter's car. How much can we expect to pay for this service.[/quote]
The cost can vary depending on where you have the work done, and if they will be installing new or rebuit joints.
Can range from $250 per side- parts and labor at a shop.
up to approx. $350 per side at the dealer.

Lionell

Chevy Impala vibrate when driving

Unread post by Lionell » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Why does my new 2013 impala vibrate. It had 29 miles on it when purchased,1,300 now and has had three balancing and rotation done by dealer. No change. Vibration gets faster as car goes faster. Never an accident or ever hit a pothole.

ProTech

Re: Chevy Impala vibrate when driving

Unread post by ProTech » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:21 pm

Can't tell you why it's vibrating, since I'm not personally looking at the car, but obviously you have a problem. Since it's brand new, the dealership will be fixing it for free, when they do eventually find the problem. You might want to suggest to them that the technician calls GM technical assistance. They might have some known cases of vibration problems.

Also, you're free to bring it to any GM dealership, if you feel the one you're currently going to isn't doing the job. Maybe another place might have a fresh take on the issue.

Good luck to you, it's always frustrating to have a brand new car with problems.

One thing I might add, and this is just my personal opinion and experience of what I've seen, but....I would NEVER ever recommend purchasing a brand new designed model the first year it comes out. There are always way too many problems, bugs, and issues that don't get resolved until the next model year or even later. I know it's nice to have the newest and best that's out there, but sometimes you just don't win. And the car you're driving now is a perfect example of that!
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+