2007 Grand Prix no Low Beams

ellen

2007 Grand Prix no Low Beams

Unread post by ellen » Thu May 21, 2015 7:34 pm

2007 Grand Prix checked and the only lights that don't work are the low beams. checked all visible fuses that you can tell are blown under hood and in side car. has new battery, what next?

carriedi

Re: 2007 Grand Prix no Low Beams

Unread post by carriedi » Fri May 22, 2015 3:04 am

check your low beam fuses for power when you have the headlight switch on low beams. Both the low beam fuses are located in the underhood fuse box on the right strut tower. If they have power then check your headlight bulbs and/or grounds for the headlights. If they both don't have power you may have a bad low beam relay. (HDM module/relay)

your headlight switch does not go to your headlights. It goes to the body control module. When the body control module see the headlight switch turn on for low beams the BCM sends out a signal to the HDM relay to turn on the lowbeam fuses to the lowbeam bulbs.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

eyj80962

Interior fuse accesories dont work

Unread post by eyj80962 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:12 am

I have a 1997 supercharged GTP (3800). I have noticed that when i try to leave for work in the morning, sometimes the radio, power windows, and wipers do not work. Sometimes it takes 2 minutes for them all to come back on. Other times i drive all the way to work (about a 15 min drive), and they never turn on. Anyone know what the problem could be? I read that it could be a fuse; but if a fuse was blown, wouldnt that mean that it would not turn on at all? I also have aleak on my passenger side when it rains.

Re: Interior fuse accesories dont work

Unread post by Guest » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:33 pm

I have the same problem in mine but it's the hearer fan and the dash lights that go out in mine

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:27 am

eyj80962: you should have your accessory time delay relay behind the right side instrument panel above the fuse block. That relay controls the radio and the windows. The body control module turns on this relay. you will need to check if it's the relay not working or the module not turning on the relay.

the wipers are on another circuit. The wipers and the body control module are on the same circuit from the ignition switch. You will need to verify the brown wire from the ignition switch has power when the problem exists. Could be a problem with the ignition switch if there is no power on the brown wire when the key is in the run position.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:37 am

guest: heater fan and dash lights, do they always go out at the same time or is it one goes out some times and the other goes out at other times? What do you mean the dash lights go out? The dash illumination lights or the warning and turn signal lights?