key stuck in ignition/ shifter won't release

sassy5

key stuck in ignition/ shifter won't release

Unread post by sassy5 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:49 pm

PLACE CAR IN PARK AND KEY WILL NOT COME OUT OF IGNITION. WE HAVE HAD TO FIDDLE WITH THE PUSH BUTTON ON THE SHIFTER IN THE PAST IN ORDER FOR IT TO RELEASE, NOW IT HAS BECOME MORE DIFFICULT. SUGGESTIONS ONLINE HAVE SAID TO GO UNDER THE STEERING COLUMN AND PUSH A RELEASE BUTTON BUT IF I DO SO WILL I HAVE TO DO IT EVERY TIME AND WILL IT CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR. WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND AND WOULD IT BE AN EASY FIX?

MW

Re: key stuck in ignition/ shifter won't release

Unread post by MW » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:23 am

The pressing of a button through an access hole on the bottom side of the column is a sort of an emergency release.
You should not have to do this all the time.
There are 2 common causes for your problem.
1. A sticking solenoid in the shift console. When they fail, not enough voltage is applied to the release in the column. Most often caused by pop or coffee being spilled in the console at one time causing the release to stick. That is why messing with the button helps.
2. The release in the column that you can access through a small hole underside the column.
Would need to do some voltage checks on the system.
Or you can remove the upper console and spray some WD-40 around the solenoid to help free it up, and also in the shifter button, working it in and out.

Prix05

Heads up display

Unread post by Prix05 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:13 pm

Can any one tell me why my heads up display is stuck? It won't move when I try to adjust it.

carriedi

Re: Heads up display

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:13 pm

look through your windshield from the outside. Look down into the dash and you should be able to see the inner works for your heads up display. You should be able to see a spring that holds the display projector. is the spring still attached at the top and bottom?

here's some pictures and explanation:

http://www.gpona.com/forums/hud-repair- ... t6766.html
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.