1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sputtering and wont start

bumpbump

1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sputtering and wont start

Unread post by bumpbump » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:38 pm

Hello I own 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix ...The other Day Car began to Make Sputtering but was still running ..Which 4 Days before it did Same thing but Stopped and went Away . So I was at Store Shut Car down .. Got back in Car went to Start it and it Cranked over but Made this Weird type air or combustion sound and from there it would not turn over.. Any one that would be of help or knows of any info Greatly appreciated . Car been a long term project to Put Back on the Road alot of Money infested into ...Thank you ..

carriedi

Re: 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Sputtering and wont start

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:09 am

when you say it won't turn over do you mean when you turn the key to start the engine won't crank over? the starter won't turn the crank? If there is no crank, look at the starter or look a cylinder locked up.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

bumpbump

Unread post by bumpbump » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:49 pm

IT Will Crank over ., It acts like it wants to but Does Not ..Not fuel related pressure tested to rail at 41 Psi.. Got Compression, Acting Like time off . Leaning toward Crankshaft Sensor ..At first though it Jumped Time ..Replaced Timimg Chain and Gears but still will not fire over and Run..

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:54 am

since the fuel pressure is ok, 41-47psi spec, check for spark and injector pulse. Crank sensor is a possibility. If the PCM doesn't see the engine turning over it won't send the signals to run it. the 3.1 and 3.4 liter engines have direct ignition and the crank sensor sticks in the side of the block. It sends an AC signal to the PCM. the 3.8 liter has a hall effect sensor mounted near the vibration damper. If the crank signal is ok but the cam signal is bad there will usually be a code stored. 3.8, no cam signal car won't start. 3.1 and 3.4 no cam signal car has a 1 in six chance of starting because the engine will use the last calculated cam signal.

Unread post by Guest » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:48 pm

Thank you For Information on it . I removed Crankshaft Sensor tested resistists and Purchased a New one and tested resistists to new one the are in range of each other. Which leads me to beleive it not Bad Sensor . Also Double Check on Timing Chain and Gears to make Sure I am at TDC... Which only info I am going off of is Hanyes Manuel I own . Which Search on All Data which was not helpful at .. So idk if u any info you can share or Diagram of Postion of Timing being Set right ..Also going toi test Cam Sensor tomorrow morning . Thanks again for all your Help So Far ..

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:43 pm

what engine does your vehicle have? did you check for spark? and injector pulse? check for those first