flutter in brake pedal

Diane

flutter in brake pedal

Unread post by Diane » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:20 pm

I own a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix with approximately 86,000km. on it. Recently, I have noticed a flutter-type of feeling from the brake pedal when pressure is applied. The anti-lock brake and service traction control lights come on randomly. I have had some sort of sensor in the right front hub replaced. This solved the problem for a few weeks and now it is back. Any advice you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated!

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: flutter in brake pedal

Unread post by butchkaz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:41 pm

Diane wrote:I own a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix with approximately 86,000km. on it. Recently, I have noticed a flutter-type of feeling from the brake pedal when pressure is applied. The anti-lock brake and service traction control lights come on randomly. I have had some sort of sensor in the right front hub replaced. This solved the problem for a few weeks and now it is back. Any advice you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated!
If infact the flutter is caused by the ABS, you need to have the codes scanned again to see if it is a problem with the same sensor / wheel speed. If it is, then you may have a problem in the wiring harness going to that sensor.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

Ronnalldo

ABS brake pedal

Unread post by Ronnalldo » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:07 pm

The reason the traction control is disabled is because of the problem in the ABS system. Whenever the ABS brake computer sees a problem, it shuts off traction. One of those front wheel speed sensors – which is part of the front hub, are very common problem with this and many other cars. But also the wiring harness going to one of those hubs. Inside the black insulation there are two wires that are twisted together all the way through the harness. If one of these brakes then that can also cause your problems. It can be hard to find though, because the wires break inside that colored insulation inside the black insulation. You would need to cut the black off to access the to twisted wires then pull on each of the two colored wires to see if one of them stretch. If one does then that is the bad wire and you need to solder it back together or replaced the harness.