Grand Prix Blower Motor Relay Location

nate

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix No Heat Engine Cold

Unread post by nate » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:50 am

2005 Pontiac Grandprix wont get to operating temp and the heat wont get hot. Would this be a bad thermostat.

Jetsa

Re: 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix No Heat Engine Cold

Unread post by Jetsa » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Most likely a thermostat and likely has a code P0128 stored in the PCM which is a malfunctioning thermostat.

Could also be a low coolant issue as in had a coolant leak.

bensada

Grand Prix Blower Motor Relay Location

Unread post by bensada » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:02 am

Where is the location of the blower motor relay in a 1998 Grand Prix ? The heater in my 1998 Grand Prix only works on 5, and now it starts on it own even when the car is not running, and it also, drains the battery. Is it the relay or the ignition.

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: Grand Prix Blower Motor Relay Location

Unread post by butchkaz » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:53 pm

I believe what you are referring to is the blower motor resistor, or also know as the blower control module. This is a common failed part for the problem you have with the speeds. It is located just in front of the blower motor under the passenger side of the dash. Between the motor and the firewall. 2 or 3 5.5mm bolts hold it up into the HVAC case. They are a little tough to get to. Also check that the wires in the connector are not burned.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

marcus7

Pontiac Grand Prix A/C Cold Then Warm Problems

Unread post by marcus7 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:21 pm

I have a 2000 pontiac grand prix 3.8 supercharged and my air conditioner worked fine one day and then it doesn't get cold like it did before , the compressor kicks off and on the freon is full itbwill get cool going down the road but not like it should , 2nd question my radio lights dont work but it still plays and scans from steering wheel and my info center above it the lights doesn't work either and all the fuses are good and have ben replaced to make certain

carriedi

Re: Pontiac Grand Prix A/C Cold Then Warm Problems

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:15 am

Need to know what the pressures are when the compressor kicks on and off. On a warm day the static pressure will look good and high but cycling could show a low side pressure that won't allow the compressor to stay running. If the pressures are not a factor with the compressor cycling too much check relay and the signal to the relay.

the lights to the radio are powered up on the gray and black wire from the headlight switch. It also does PRNDL, heater/ac control and trip calculator. are all those items out or just the radio and driver info center? Driver info center is powered by the gray wire. separate from the radio lights
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.