Grand Prix 3800 V6 Stalls

Jack

Grand Prix 3800 V6 Stalls

Unread post by Jack » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:06 pm

1997 pontiac grand prix se
3.8 V6
Did a tune up plugs and wires and new coil.
I have a 97 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8 se model. First the vehicle will sometimes not start but after a few minutes it will. it has stalled once but started right. the will start does not happen all the time just intermittenly. second the auto door locks keep locking & unlocking while driving and the rpm guage drops to zero no ck engine light is on new battery and cables. these problems just started.

KK

Re: Grand Prix 3800 V6 Stalls

Unread post by KK » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:10 pm

The stalling problem could be a lot of different things- fuel pump going out, crank position sensor, loose ground.
The other electrical problems may be related to the stalling. possibly a bad ground. Follow the negative cable down and make sure it is clean and tight.
Also, and more common, is a faukty ignition switch. the ignition switch supplies power to many of the cars elecrial systems, including the dash, and door locks.
Try tapping on the ignition key area while it is running to see if you can get it to act up, or wiggle the key while running.

jstevanus

2006 Grand Prix - Turn Signal and Dash backlight problems

Unread post by jstevanus » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:59 am

Just picked up an 06 GP GXP and have two problems. The front left turn signal is lit, but doesn't always blink. Second problem, one of the back lights behind the temperature controls just went out. The first question I have is, how do I fix this? The second question I have is, how can I find a manual that could show me how to fix these kinds of things myself? Another problem is that my left turn signal lens is actually broke, and exposing the bare bulb. I'd like to know how to replace that casing as well. Thanks for your time. I really appreciate any help you can give me!

Meccboy

Re: 06 Grand Prix - Turn Signal and Dash backlight problems

Unread post by Meccboy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:57 pm

The left front not blinking may be because the bulb is bad, or the socket.
Or maybe because the rear is out, so the front just stays on solid. This could be related to the rear broken lens. May have water in it, and a shorted bulb or bulb socket.
Dont think there are any bulbs that can be replaced in the heater control. Usually soldered into the circuit board.
Mitchell or Motors manuals are a good source.
The rear lamp will have to be replaced as an assembly, cannot just replace the lens. Remove the carpet around that area from inside the trunk. 3 studs with nuts or 3 large wing nuts hold it on.

raverockStar1

Grand Prix Water leak under the cowl and srs light on

Unread post by raverockStar1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:43 pm

So last weak I bought a 99 gp. After having it washed and driving in the rain I noticed a lot of water on passenger side floorboard.

With your help I figured the problem and ordered the part that blocks the leak.

I notice SRS light on when I start the car.

After research google I found the connection.
the module of the SRS is under the passenger seat.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 017AAUTUUn

how do you fix that?

TerryAuto

Re: Grand Prix Water leak under the cowl and srs light on

Unread post by TerryAuto » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Is the connector AND the module corroded?