Fuel pump runs for 2 seconds, then shuts off.

hereintop

Unread post by hereintop » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:39 pm

'I have a Pontiac Grand AM with a 2.4 L Four. I know the fuel pump is good and I have changed the fuel filter and the fuel pressure regulator. When I start the car or just turn the key on the pump will run for about 2 seconds and then shuts off. What's wrong?'

Unread post by Guest » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:36 pm

The fuel pump is suppose to run for 2 seconds with the key on. If it does this when cranking, then sounds like you have a security / theft system problem. Check to see if the security light stays on after it stalls and the key is still in the ON position.

dclay

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Part identification

Unread post by dclay » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:57 pm

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. Need to know the name of the part that connects the throttle body to the fuel pressure regulator and the evap canister purge solenoid valve and where to obtain the part. Any help would be appreciated.

ProTech

Re: 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Part identification

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:49 pm

The throttle body would not be connected to the fuel pressure regulator. The fuel pressure regulator is on top of the fuel rail, at the end of the rail near the throttle body, but not connected to or bolted to the throttle body at all.

The EVAP purge solenoid is just attached to a small metal bracket, which is available separately.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+