All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 3
My Pontiac grand am 94 low beams don't work after giving a friend a jump. Brights work not low beams. It took 5 minutes to be connected to him and my headlights were on. The fuse box in the inside drverside has a headlight fuse circut breaker. It's says on the fuse 20a 14v under that it says 12077859 its not like the fuses in the box its a circuit breaker thing. Should I change that cuz getting to the bulb isn't easy and they both went out at the same time right after I jumped him. Help please please driving with brights on is to much on all the other drivers and I need help. Thanks guys or girls.

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2078
I don't think changing the circuit breaker will make any difference because the circuit breaker is working. the low beams and the high beams go through the same circuit. It changes at the multifunction switch. When you switch to high beams it takes the power from the low beams and sends it to the high beams. So, if the high beams work the circuit breaker is good. You need to find out if you have power on the Tan wires that go to the low beams. If you have power on the tan wire and the lights don't come on, the lights may be burned out. If you don't have power on the Tan wire to the low beams then you need to look at the multifunction switch. You may have burned the switch out.

You have to be very careful when giving anyone a jump. Or even getting a jump. When you hook up to a dead battery it will cause a sudden surge that can damage circuits. In most cases you should decline to let someone jump their car off of your vehicle. I have had people use their car to jump a friends car only to have their car die and not be able to restart. Computer PCM's Integrated modules, ABS modules have been burned out giving a jump. And I have yet to see the person that got the jump pay my customer's bill for repairs that get up many hundreds of dollars. I jump cars and trucks all the time but I have not used jumper cables in many years. If someone wanted to get a jump off my car I would just say no. If you can't find a jump box then turn off your car. Disconnect your ground cable and jump it off the battery only.

contributions: 3
Thank you so very much for the info and the jump advice. Thank you karie

Ask A Question Reply