All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply    Go to page 1, 2  Next

contributions: 7
My car wont start, it's the second time I've had this issue. The first time I unhooked the battery and checked the plugs. When I put it all back together it fired right up. Haven't had a problem til now. Theres no security system that im aware of. Although the light does come on a brief moment before starting, please help. Thanks

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2078
if the security light comes on on the dash then you have a security system.

when you say your car won't start, what does that mean? Engine cranks over but won't start and run? Doesn't turn over? Click but doesn't turn over? turn the key to start and nothing happens at all?

It turns over, but wont start, it was running great when I parked it when I got home the other day. Already checked the fuel pump, plugs look good. Ive gone over pretty much all the simple stuff. The last time, I took the top of the intake off and the battery stayed unhooked for the most part of the day, didnt see anything wrong then and put it all back together and everything has worked fine for a couple months. But that didnt work this time.

so what is the fuel pressure at? are you getting spark? do you have injector pulse?

is the security light on? If the security light comes on it will turn off your fuel injector pulse. so if you don't get an injector pulse, security protocols have probably been activated.

Fuel pressure is good, spark is good, the only time the security light comes on is when I turn the vehicle on it comes on for a brief moment the goes back out. Its never come on other than turning over the ignition

what is your fuel pressure reading? spec for the 3.4L is 52 to 59 psi. do you have fuel injector pulse when cranking the engine?

Its a 2.2 and idk its sprayin pretty good out the rail and idk about the injectors im doing this in my driveway

ok, you can get a powerful spray from the fuel line port even if the pressure is only 20 psi. 2.2L spec for fuel pressure is 50 to 60 psi. you need to verify that your minimum pressure is at least 50 psi. if you have a test light you can test for injector pulse. unplug any injector and use a test light going between the two connections in the wire harness in the connector and it should flash as someone cranks the engine. If you have spark but no injector pulse the security could be turning off the injectors.

Ask A Question Reply    Go to page 1, 2  Next