Pontiac Grand Am Blower Motor Resistor Location

Pontiac Grand Am Blower Motor Resistor Location

Unread post by Guest » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:29 pm

My Pontiac Grand Am blower motor has a few speeds that don't work. Have read many threads that the blower resistor is a common problem.
Were is the resistor located on my car?

TerryAuto

Re: Blower Motor Resistor Location

Unread post by TerryAuto » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:34 pm

The resistor is a common problem on Pontiac Grand Am, and actually a lot of GM cars and trucks.
On yours, and most cars, it is under the passenger side of the dash.
See pic for locaction...
Blower-Motor-Resistor-Location.JPG
Blower Motor Resistor location
Blower-Motor-Resistor-Location.JPG (56.21 KiB) Viewed 3240 times
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

stearns158

2001 Grand Am Blower Motor, heater-a/c problems

Unread post by stearns158 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:08 am

I have a 2001 Grand Am GT (6cyl) and have heating and a/c issues- nothing works. What I've done so far: 1)changed out the blower motor for a new one. 2) changed out the blower motor resistor for a new one. 3) checked, and replaced all the mini fuses (I think there are 3. 2 in the side compartment and 1 under the hood)- still nothing. The a/c works on the panel (light comes on and I can sort of feel the air getting cold) and I can hear the air flow change when I turn the flow direction knob. but none of the fan speeds work- I'm at a loss.........Please help!

Jarklo

Re: Blower Motor, heater-a/c problems!!

Unread post by Jarklo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:34 pm

If no fan speeds, you would need to check for inputs to the blower resistor from the control panel. Use a test light. Each wire into the resistor should have power at different times depending on what speed the control knob is in.