1994 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8 liter supercharged

sMochaB

1994 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8 liter supercharged

Unread post by sMochaB » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:40 pm

What about the Bonneville I was told that somebody had tried to use the key that did not go to the anti theft system and the car locked it out I didn't know that but it turns out that it's not that we've been doing that trial and error it's a process of elimination rather and the security light doesn't function like it's supposed to if there's a vat problem so any suggestions I'm fresh out of ideas and a lot of the men I bring in to try to help me and they're stumped too

carriedi

Re: 1994 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8 liter supercharged

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:17 pm

a wrong key signal will make it so the car won't start and stay running. But as soon as you put a correct key in the car will start normally. The passlock is looking for the right signal to let you start your car. If it sees a wrong signal it won't let you start up. It does not lock you out if you have the correct key just because you put a bad key in previously.

if you have a key that has worked before then it should work when you use it again. If the key that worked before doesn't work any more you could have a wire connection that is no longer working or the passlock module might just be a bad unit. Using a tech2 scanner you can look at the passlock info and check for the signal returning from the sensor.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.