Rough Idle and Knocking

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
Eliezer123

Noise in the front end of my Buick

Unread post by Eliezer123 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:09 am

2003, buick regal ls , i replace the hub bearing now its making clicking noise from the front.

ProTech

Re: Noise in the front end of my Buick

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Well, you either messed something up during your repair or you have a different problem all together. You might want to recheck your work and make sure nothing came loose or broken after your repair.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

RMax

Rough Idle and Knocking

Unread post by RMax » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:18 am

I have a 2003 Buick Century 3.1 L engine with 49K miles, has been running great until the other day, went to the store came home everything was fine, but when it was put into park it rev'ed slightly then started Idling very rough, and knocking..
I have replaced the EGR Valve, The Plenum Gasket, Plugs, wires, and all 3 Ign. coils.
I've checked vacuum hoses, fuses, and various connections.
I got rid of the EGR code but still have the P0300 code of Engine Misfire, any ideas what to check? keep in mind everything has been FINE up too when it was put into park the other day, and yes it has not moved since, still idling rough and knocking.....HELP!!! Rick Maxwell Goodyear, AZ.

Also there has been NO Overheating Issues, and Oil is Changed every 3K

carriedi

Re: Rough Idle and Knocking

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:38 am

you should have it scanned for misfire counter and see what cylinders are affected. Once you can see how many and which cylinders are misfiring you can determine what direction you should go
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Lagat

Re: Rough Idle and Knocking

Unread post by Lagat » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:05 pm

The knocking sound very well could be a flywheel/flex plate but it should rap at idle. Mine was rapping and thought is was the bottom end of the motor. Sounded very similar. Whats stumping me is it don't do it at idle. I'm guessing the torque converter or transmission. The check engine light never came on?