Buick intermittant high idle and car accelerates on its own

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
Robby

Buick intermittant high idle and car accelerates on its own

Unread post by Robby » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:04 pm

I'm getting these symptoms second hand for a 2002 Le sabre Limited. It will do 45-50mph on hiwy without touching accelerator. I've been told accelerator is not showing any depression when driving and butterfly no open in park. Then put in neutral rpm's come down then put back in drive and it repeats. This wasn't as bad to start then got progressively worse and now constant. When in park idle ranges up and down 1200-2000 rpm's. All these symptoms occur with the cruise and A/C on or off.

Check engine light has never lit up. No codes. All sensors have been monitored with normal readings.

Throttle body has been off and cleaned. MAF, IAC, TPS, MAP, PVC all changed. Plunnem was checked for cracks when T-body off. Ether sprayed all over engine with no change in idle and no vacuum leaks can be found.

Cranks and starts normal. Does not miss or hesitate. Any Ideas?

carriedi

Re: Buick intermittant high idle and car accelerates on its

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:48 pm

you need to look at your IAC counts. is it high or is it low at idle when it's idling high? Look at your fuel trims too. this will tell you if the car is running rich so the IAC opens for more air, or if the car is running lean and the computer is adding more fuel.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Re: Buick intermittant high idle and car accelerates on its own

Unread post by Guest » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:25 pm

Hey Robby you posted in 2015 about the problem in your Buick Lesabre about the accelerate on its own, I have the same problem and change everything it still the same, did you know what is the problem ?
thanks.
Alberto 8327014070
houston TX

Ronnie84

Unread post by Ronnie84 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:49 pm

I’m having the same issues out of my Buick. It got so bad I purchased another vehicle. Mine would rough idle and speed up on its own, I started driving a few blocks down the road allowing the car to warm up and then I’d cut it off and restart and the rough idle would stop.. I let the car rest for 6 months and went to crank it up and my spark plug wire caught fire smh... love my car but I’m unsure of what the issue is.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:24 pm

sorry I didn't see your post for a long time. Why did it catch on fire? did you have a fuel leak? could that be your engine driveability problem?