1993 buick lesabre DTC codes 47 38 65

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
Rob628

1993 buick lesabre DTC codes 47 38 65

Unread post by Rob628 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:29 pm

What causes a 1993 buick lesabre service engine light to come on and temperature light to come on and go off after seating. I was at mc getting my kid a happy meal and the temperature light came on and whent off my service engine light was on for a couple days. I changed the MFS and was good for week now back on. When at mc the temperature light came on so I turned off the car and when I left was still on put shut off down the road here are the code O'Reilly gave me= dtc 47 dtc 38 dtc 65, but it run fine beside it feels like it doesn't want to go for a second when I'm stopped be side that it's run OK can someone please email me at xxxxxxxxx.

carriedi

Re: 1993 buick lesabre DTC codes 47 38 65

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:45 pm

code 47 is for a loss of the Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF) signal while the car is running.

code 38 is a code having to do with your brake light switch

code 65 is a code that looks at your cruise control circuit. if circuit 399 is open or circuit 398 is open or shorted.

all three of these circuits may need to be looked at for possibly bad wiring somewhere in the circuit. Look for a bad ground from the battery to the engine and to the body.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.