1994 Buick Lesabre Keeps idling High and stalls

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
onlytemp846

1994 Buick Lesabre Keeps idling High and stalls

Unread post by onlytemp846 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:35 pm

1994 Buick Lesabre Keeps idoling High and stalls when coming to a stop or making a complete stop. The service engine light stays on most of the time then goes off but comes right back on. The battery light plays peek-aboo with me I replaced the Battery and alternator and the light still comes and goes. It idols high and then goes back to regular then idols high again.. I replaced the throttle sensor, its still doing the same thing. Car never cuts off untill you are slowing down to make a stop or you stop completely and then slowly cuts off like you are out of gas. I have taken the car to two different shops so I could get the code reader put on and both places are unable to read anything its like it wont connect???? I dont know what else to do It sounds like possibly there is a vacuum leak somewhere when the engine is rev'd but nobody can find one anywhere I dont know what else to do someone help!?!?!

carriedi

Re: 1994 Buick Lesabre Keeps idling High and stalls

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:17 am

you're going to need to communicate with the PCM to see what is going on here. It's possible that the pcm might be the problem. if your fuel trims are maxed because of a vacuum leak or restricted fuel flow either from fuel pressure or injectors you could have this type of problem. Leaking fuel pressure regulator could cause problems like this. An IAC could cause symptoms like this. Everything would just be a guess until you can actually see what the computer is doing.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

roame86

Re: 1994 Buick Lesabre Keeps idling High and stalls

Unread post by roame86 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:23 am

I just had an issue with my 94 lesabre, the idlen issue was due to a vaccume leak, and as for the stalling problem itnwas the fuel pump, it wasnt puttin out like it shouldve which caused a drop in the RPM when u slowed down and or came to a complete stop, also check the mass air flow sensor, that could also cause an idle issue .