Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 2
I have replaced both O2 sensors, as well as the spark plugs, and wires on my 2005 Buick Rendezvous with the 3.4L engine, and, although it seems to run better, it is still exhibiting similar symptoms ( stalling around a right, or left turn) I also checked the fuel regulator, and it is not leaking.
I have never had it on the scanner that you described, which might be what I need to do. We are working in my garage, with limited diagnosing equipment.
What about the other sensors ( crankshaft position sensor?- what might be the procedure for testing it??
Any other recommendations before I bring it to the dealer, or other more costly diagnosing shops?

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 665
If it's only stalling out on turns, then it could be moving something that is causing your issue (i.e. pinching a wire, pulling on a harness, etc). Try pulling on the engine harness in different spots as the vehicle is running to see if it acts up. If it does you should be able to pinpoint the problem area fairly easily. Have a person in the vehicle and brake torque it to add movement to the engine and see if happens then as well. Try in drive and reverse.

Otherwise, you're really going to need a scanner to do any further diagnosis. It's not really expensive to have your car checked out by an expert, basically you pay for one hour of labor. That is money well spent if you can't find the problem and just are wasting money on parts you don't need. Even if you don't have the repair shop do the work, you'd still know what is wrong so you can fix it.

GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

Ask A Question Reply