2004 Buick Century Windsheild Wipers Problem

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
Century

Do you know the name of this molding?

Unread post by Century » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:46 am

Buick Century 2000: Do you know the name of molding that fits on exterior of driver's door at top? It's black and seals the window. Is it the "reveal" molding?

Also, is this difficult to change?

Thanks very much!

Century

Re: Do you know the name of this molding?

Unread post by Century » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:48 pm

To clarify, it is the black molding at "base" of window, not very top of door.

Thanks.

greg

Buick Century name of this molding?

Unread post by greg » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:13 am

That is called the "Belt" molding.

Century

Unread post by Century » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi Greg,

Thanks for responding. I can't find a "belt molding." I found a couple of places offering the "reveal molding" but they do not show a picture of it. Here is the link if you care to look:

http://www.gm-auto-parts.com/seccat/cen ... 129/30865/

Thanks

Century

Unread post by Century » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi Again Greg,

Never mind looking, you are correct! I finally found a site (that had images of parts) where I can purchase the molding.

Thanks for your help.

Scott

RedneckDaveAb

2004 Buick Century Windsheild Wipers Problem

Unread post by RedneckDaveAb » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:08 pm

2004 Century. Last night the wipers were used and when turned off they are in the "up position" (90 degrees to the hood)

How can I fix this so they go down?

Anyone?

Thanks!
Dave

protech

Re: Century Windsheild Wipers

Unread post by protech » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:21 pm

The problem you are having is due to either the 'park arm' on the wiper motor is broken, or the tab on the metal bracket where the arm actually 'parks' is bent enough that it doesn't let the system park in the proper position. I've seen this quite a bit on these vehicles, and it's always one or the other. You're going to have to remove the wiper blades and wiper arms from the studs they bolt to. The arms will require a small puller or equivalent to remove. Sometimes you can get a screwdriver underneath them to pop them off the studs. Then, you need to remove the cowl trim which is held on by plastic retainers. Once that is out of the way, you can access the wiper motor/wiper transmission assembly. There may be a piece of plastic covering the motor area you have to remove. Under close inspection you will notice the metal tab that the park arm is supposed to stop at. If it is bent out of the way, you can try bending it back. If the park arm is loose or broken, it will need to be replaced. If the tab is broken off or cannot be successfully bent back into position, you will need to replace the wiper transmission as well. That's the piece with the linkage that controls the wiper arms movement. There is a timing procedure that comes with a new park arm assembly on the included instructions. Follow it precisely, or the wipers will not park in the correct position.